Spectrum Healthcare has an opportunity for a PRN Medical Records Tech with Day time availability Monday-Saturday at the Dumfries Health Center in Dumfries, Virginia.
This position medical records services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Assemble patients’ health information, making sure that patients’ initial medical charts are complete, that all forms are completed and properly identified and authenticated, and that all necessary information is in the computer.
- Communicate regularly with physicians and other health care professionals to clarify diagnoses or to obtain additional information.
- Use computer programs to tabulate and analyze data to improve patient care, better control cost, provide documentation for use in legal actions, or use in research studies.
- Manage the patients chart by filing, clinical papers and results.
- Pull all charts for same and next day appointments.
- Performs a variety of receptionist and other clerical duties in support of patient care for the family practice, or like clinic, in FHC’s. This will include but not limited to open access scheduling and assist in creating a patient-centered health clinic.
- Verifies patient information in CHCS. If information is incorrect, updates information to include Other Health Insurance (OHI).
- Ensures all treatment requested by the provider has been scheduled/ordered.
- Be crossed trained together with Appointment Clerks and Receptionists to ensure vacancies are covered.
- Assist with other duties as assigned and needed.