Distinctive/Spectrum Joint Venture has an opportunity for a PRN Civilian Licensed Practical Nurse with 7 am - 5 pm Monday - Saturday availability at Fairfax Health Center in Dumfries, Virginia.
This position provides nursing services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Obtain patient history and pertinent family history.
- Perform quality control checks and operator maintenance for a variety of patient care equipment.
- Assist in identifying patient needs and implementing the plan of care.
- Document care given and patient response in the medical record.
- Prepare patient for physical examination.
- Carry out nursing director, registered nurse and physician orders and document in patient medical record.
- Retrieve and enter pertinent data in CHCS (CHCSII) and other computer based systems. Communicate pertinent patient data to the appropriate provider.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most commonly used ambulatory clinic drugs and record in medical record.
- Recognize emergency situations and initiate appropriate resuscitative measures.
- Assist in patient family education regarding prescribed procedures.
- Assess patient family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Participate in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established procedures.
- Assist with clinic related administrative tasks.
- Prepares and administers routine immunizations to pediatric and adult patients.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned.